4 weeks ago
How awesome is this? 9 years old and excelling during her first Olympic weightlifting coaching session. ... See MoreSee Less
Just WOW xx
Amazing ! Very impressive 👍
3 months ago
Alex Clarke was kind enough to have me as his guest on the first ever British Strength Podcast for British Strength Magazine. Not only did he bamboozle this simple Spartan with technology (headphones, microphone and video recorder) he even took my big chair!
Chatting with Alex is something I enjoy every time he visits Spartan and this podcast was no different. Check it out as we discuss:
* How Spartan really came about despite me sleep walking through an Ancient History degree.
* A taste of the sacrifices it required to make my gamble/awful business plan pay off.
* How a love of watching WSM on TV as a child took me to the British Natural Finals and ultimately World Natural Strongest Man.
* Why passion and authenticity is so important to me and my belief in backing up your bullshit.
* Why I value the countless unheard of clients I've worked with just as much as the more well known athletes.
* How I developed the work ethic I am known for and why I value effort so highly.
* What being the best means to me and why I want it so badly.
* The biggest problem I've encountered in my business.
* The value of having a great team around you and why I demand so much from them.
* Why strength training has so many positive connotations to life itself.
& much more.
ONLINE COACHING: firstname.lastname@example.org
ONSITE COACHING: www.spartanperformance.co.uk
www.britishstrengthmagazine.comyoutube.com ... See MoreSee Less
Spartan Performance shared a post.
4 months ago
BASIC THINGS DONE SAVAGELY WELL
I was delighted to be a guest on 'The Empowered Body Podcast' for my friend Adam Willis. Not only has he kindly found a picture of me with small ears and no grey hairs (credit to Jon Lipsey), he came prepared with some great topics to discuss that include:
* Why evolving as a Coach and as a Facility is so important to me.
* Who were my biggest influences starting out in the industry and who have been the biggest ones since then and what I learned from each one.
* My Key Training, Coaching and Business Principles.
* Why I am such a huge proponent of Strength Training and what I attribute to my own and Spartan Performance's success in developing a culture of Strength and so many strong athletes and clients.
* The common issues I see with Strength Training that limits people's results.
* What first attracted me to the sport of strongman. What key principles are needed to be successful in the sport and why so many of my general population clients and other athletes also have strongman's style training in there programmes.
* The importance of recovery to maximise results and my personal go to methods.
LISTEN ON STITCHER:
LISTEN ON ITUNES:
itunes.apple.com/…/the-empowered-body…/id1359912988… ... See MoreSee Less
4 months ago
As we approach 10 years of results under the barbell at Spartan, I look back at the positive relationship I have built with Watson Gym Equipment in that time.
Since day one, my policy has been to invest only in the very best strength training equipment, even if it meant I started with fewer select items.
This is exactly what I encourage all aspiring gym owners who pick my brains to do too.
Watson @ Spartan. The best for the best.
Here's to the next ten years........................."..We are working with equipment 15-16 hours a day, 6-7 days a week for close to a decade, every single piece of equipment I got from Watson lasts, it's bomb... ... See MoreSee Less
AMIT SAPIR IS COMING TO SPARTAN————————————————————
What can you expect to learn from this monster strength athlete?
📍Nutrition protocols 🥦 to gain/lose weight whilst increasing strength💪🏼
📍Program design that broke world records🥇
📍All About Supplements! What works and timings 🕘... including PEDs 🤭
If you Squat, Bench and Deadlift you need this.
If you compete in Powerlifting, you need this.
If you bodybuild, you need this.
If you waste hundreds of £££ a month on supplements and don’t even know why you’re taking them, you need this.
Conflicting advice on PEDs? You need this.
Screw it, EVERYONE who trains will benefit from this in depth presentation on all things STRENGTH! ————————————————————
Join us in October and get your tickets here:
www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/amit-sapir-spartan-performance-tickets-48325266172?aff=ehomecardAmit Sapir The #BODYBUILDING STARS channel is CREATED for people who want their body TO BE beautiful. YOU CAN FIND HERE videos, INFORMATION ABOUT competition... ... See MoreSee Less
COULD THE GOAT BE WRONG?
Last weekend I got to learn from the legend himself Ed Coan and posted some of his teaching on a recent post.
October 27th/28th this year I have @look_strong_be_strong Amit Sapir teaching out of Spartan. Whilst a huge fan of Ed's, Amit has his own ideas and opinions on some of the points raised. Check out Amit's thoughts below:
“I love and respect Ed a LOT but I disagree with some of the points he raised, especially in regards to taking planned/safe attempts at a meet, only using linear periodisation, not maxing out in training etc etc”
“Ed's ideas are great for the beginner/intermediate level lifter, but in my opinion fall short when it comes to advanced/high level individuals.”
“Why not come and listen to my thoughts and experiences on the subject matter in October. I guarantee to hold NOTHING back on oly lifting, powerlifting, bodybuilding, programming, nutrition, supplements, AAS and more”
What do you guys think? Personally I am open to all avenues of thought and opinion when presented constructively. Why? because I love to learn and converse with the very best. Knowledge is power and surely there is more than one way to get the job done. I for one cant wait to learn from Amit in October. —————————————————————
Join us and get your tickets here:
www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/amit-sapir-spartan-performance-tickets-48325266172?aff=ehomecard ... See MoreSee Less